Monday, October 11, 2010

Bad news bears

Is it true that bad things come in threes? I'm really hoping so. I had all of mine in one day. Friday. It was a bad day. 1st, I got a letter from my "employer" stating that they overpaid me on my last commission check. Well, this has happened several times, but really, 6 months later? While I'm on leave of absence? Ugh. Killing me. So, I now have to write a large check to IBM. love it. Good thing I never got around to buying those appliances! 2nd, when Ben got home from work I got into the shower so I could shave and get ready for my spray tan so that I didn't look goth for the weekends festivities... a few minutes later I had Owen sitting in the MIDDLE of the bed while I got dressed. I turn away for literally 30 seconds and I see something move in my peripheral I rush over to... LOUD THUD... yep, he fell off the bed. He is really into bouncing on his bottom and I guess he bounced into a roll and rolled right off. OMG, I have never been so scared in my entire life. I was shaking and trying to be comforting while panicking inside. All of you know how neurotic I am, and so I checked every nook on that child and not a scratch or bump in site. Then I followed this by hours of watching his pupils. lol. THANK JESUS he is fine. It took me a full 36 hours to believe it, but he is really okay. I am sooo lucky. It could have been SO much worse. He landed on the rug under our bed that is on top of carpet so it's the most cushioned landing that we could have hope for. SO lesson learned here, floor only from here on out buddy. So I'm sure you're wondering how it can get worse than this right? Well, after a few hours of observation and leaving him in the good hands of his doting father, I gathered my stuff and went down to the car. I hadn't unloaded it from the photo shoot so I removed a few items from the trunk and when the trunk closed, I heard the "lock" beep. My car has this feature that allows you to lock, unlock and start your car with your key just on your body. (pocket, purse, etc) This has been very useful while holding a diaper bag and a 20lb baby but what my intelligent car didn't' realize was that my bag was INSIDE the car and I was OUTSIDE the car when it decided to be helpful and LOCK. Okay, no problem I think, I have a spare key... oh sh$*. the spare key is the pocket of the diaper bag that is also INSIDE the car. Now, I'm still torn up about the falling off the bed accident and I just can't wrap my head around what has just happened. It's Friday evening, my phone, purse, and 2 sets of keys are locked inside the car. UGHHHH. I drag myself upstairs and tell Ben what happened, while searching for my roadside assistance card. I find it, dial the number and tell them my predicament. The guy is like, OH. well, hmm. Did you pay to subscribe to the "remote unlock" feature when you purchased this vehicle? "What?" I ask I don't know, why do you have to "subscribe" to this? Shouldn't it just come with it, if the car is able to do this? He puts me on hold, and when he comes back on a lady has joined him. I have already mentally prepared myself for the tow truck that will shortly be arriving at my house and then driving out to the dealership, etc. etc. But to my surprise, BMW service comes through! The lady takes the call over and within 5 minutes my car is unlocked. YEA! SO it was a rough day, but all in all, we came out okay! So amuse me and agree that bad things come in 3's and I'm covered.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that was a bad day!! Finley rolled off the couch once, too. I think every kid has rolled off the bed :). My mom dropped me. Down stairs. I think you are over your hump, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad things do happen in threes, so you are in the clear! Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete