Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Argyle how to!


I've gotten several questions about the argyle pattern we did in Owen's room. Here is a link to very detailed instructions plus tutorial. I gave these instructions to the painter that we, ahem, fired... he didn't exactly follow them but we are happy with how it turned out. My biggest complaint was that he used pencil when I asked him to use chalk lines because the pencil smudged EVERYWHERE. In any case, I think if one were to follow these they would be happier (we still have a lot of pencil marks on our walls even though we finished the painting ourselves and did our very best to touch up) Also, I highly recommend using the calculator at silver spoon murals... The calculator gives you the diamonds, which is the most difficult part. We almost quit after the diamonds because we just wanted to be finished, but I strongly suggest that you persevere because the argyle is a much more finished look! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment