Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My First Thanksgiving




Okay, so not my first Thanksgiving, but this year is the first year to have Thanksgiving at my house. I must say, I do feel quite grown up. Even though I ordered the Smoked Turkey from Whole Foods to be picked up tomorrow morning, that still leaves plenty of learning experiences for me! For the sides I am planning, mashed potatoes, the BEST focaccia stuffing recipe from WilliamsSonoma and I am trying a new recipe for Chestnut and Bacon Brussels Sprouts. I think this pregnancy nesting has kicked this into full gear. I'm even doing pear place card settings, idea courtesy of martha stewart (photo above). I have also included the recipes for the sides if anyone is interested. Have you seen that commercial for Target's holiday decor where the girl is practicing serving her husband and does a mock opening of the door while stirring an imaginary bowl? Well every time Ben sees it he says that's me. What can I say, I'm feeling quite domestic these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment